Statement for Artists & Sector Professionals:
As a leading outdoor arts and circus organisation and NPO, SeaChange Arts is dedicated to delivering outstanding opportunities for artists and communities through supporting hosting and delivering circus and outdoor arts projects and events. Focus for the next 12 months is now set on supporting artists, the sector and local communities during these difficult times through a combination of creation residencies, idea development/writing, projects, interventions and hopefully also events of various forms and scales when they become possible .
Applications for COVID-19 Safe residencies are open now. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Please keep an eye on our website www.seachangearts.og.uk for more information and updates.
Statement for General Public:
We have closed the Drill House doors for the duration of the 2nd lockdown to the General Public. This directly effects our Circus Classes and Family Saturdays. We understand this is very disappointing news and wish to support our local community where possible. We are now offering free online circus tutorials for all the family and we be giving out craft packs to support wellbeing and provide healthy activities to the young people of Great Yarmouth.
We know these times are hugely testing for everybody, but we believe we can emerge from this time more resilient and connected than ever before. We want to take this opportunity to thank, each and every one of our Drill House visitors, and invite you to keep a close eye on our communications for events of various forms and scales when they become possible.
Opening hours and further information:
Our office will be temporarily closed. The best way to contact us would be via email@example.com and Facebook Messenger and we will follow up as soon as possible, please leave a phone number if you require us to phone you.
For other news and updates, please monitor this page, social media, and email communication. We will be updating this webpage with further info as it comes.
We will continue to monitor the situation over the coming days, weeks and months and respond sensibly to advice from local and national authorities. We champion that social distancing is keeping us safe and decisions in the future will, of course, consider this as a priority.
Stay safe Out There, and wash your hands!
For the time being, please consider the health of others and maintain good hand, respiratory and personal hygiene. The NHS has created guidelines on their dedicated COVID-19 page: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Arts Council are also offering guidance in response to the pandemic: https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/advice-and-guidance-library/coronavirus-information
Funding and Support:
We’ve put together a resource list that our community would find useful. A variety of funding options for artists and activities for our local community. This list was created under the Making Waves Together Partnership and will be updated frequently:
For artists and creatives:
Our ARTS DIRECTORY is live, start work on building relationships with event promoters and peers in the sector by registering and building a profile: https://outtherearts.org.uk/who-are-we/the-arts-directory/
The Arts Directory is part of Making Waves Together
- Arts Council England offering financial support for individuals and organisations: Covid-19 support
- GOV.UK Self-employment Income Support Scheme: Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- PRS For Music Emergency Relief Fund: PRS for Music launches membership Emergency Relief Fund
- Nesta Fund: Arts & Culture Impact Fund
- Regularly updated list from Outdoor Arts UK on the status of upcoming festivals: Festival & Performance Listings 2020
- Radcliff Trust: The Radcliffe Trust
- Comprehensive list of international coronavirus resources: News – Coronavirus: Resources: Arts, Culture and Cultural Mobility
- Creative Europe Statement: Corona Virus: Consequences for Creative Europe programme and related activities | Creative Europe
- Change Creation Resource on how to respond to change: Responding to change
- Tools to work from home more efficiently: Digital Tools for Artists to Run a Remote Career During Coronavirus
- Resource pack for freelances impacted by COVID-19: COVID-19 & Freelance Artists
For local residents and our community:
- Experiencing art and culture from home: How to Experience Art & Culture During Coronavirus
- 30 Days of Wild is going online, feel healthier and happier with their upcoming activity pack: 30 Days Wild 2020
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
- Equity.org.uk Mental Health Resources
- NHS Mental Wellbeing Resource: Mental Wellbeing While Staying At Home | Every Mind Matters | One You
- Young Minds Resource: Looking after your mental health while self-isolating
- APA Working In a Healthy Home resource: Your Mental Health & Well-Being