Four Nations Outdoor Arts Bursary
Midnight, Sunday 1st May
Surge, in collaboration with Out There Arts is offering bursaries for new outdoor work to emerging, artists and companies interested in outdoor arts. Bursaries will be awarded to applicants from Scotland, England Wales and Éire. The aim will be to create new outdoor arts pieces, which will be toured at festivals in all four nations in summer 2022: July at Surge Festival and Spraio (Ireland in partnership with ISACS, August at Green Man (Wales, in partnership with Articulture) and September at Out There (England in partnership with Outdoor Arts UK). The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £5000 towards the creation of the piece plus professional mentoring from the festivals and each of the Partnership networks plus a three-day residency at Out There Arts in Great Yarmouth. Travel, accommodation and per diems are provided for the tour.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale street theatre piece.
- The piece needs to be for 1-3 performers (all artists must be confirmed by applicant before applying);
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in urban and green field spaces.
- The performers need to be available for the residency between 30th May
- To be available for dates of festivals – 23rd to 24th July, Dundee Streets Festival (Applicants from Scotland only), All nations – 29th to 31st July (Spraio, Ireland and Surge Festival), 18th to 21st August (Green Man, Wales) and 16th to 18th Sept (Out There, England)
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge, Out There Arts, Spraoi Studios, Articulation Scotland, Outdoor Arts UK, ISACS and Articulture, in creation, producing, marketing and guerrilla filmmaking.
- £5000 budget
- Travel, accommodation, per diems, and £100/day fee/ artist at all festivals
- Rehearsal and creation space in Great Yarmouth, we will assist in finding rehearsal and creation space if artists based outside Great Yarmouth area.Out There Arts values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ability.
If based in England please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max. 100 words each), in one document, to Out There Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
If based in Scotland please address questions and applications to Surge Director Alan Richardson at email@example.com
If based in Wales please address questions and applications to Carys Mol at
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alan on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0141 248 6910.
The application deadline is midnight on Sunday 1st May.